· 1 carrot
· 3/4 cup rolled oats
· 1 ½ milk of choice
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 2 tbsp greek yoghurt
· 2 tbsp spreadable cream cheese, softened
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 tsp currants
· 2 tsp pumpkin seeds, preferably toasted
· Honey, to serve
1. Peel and finely grate carrot using a box grater. Combine grated carrot with oats, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and a small pinch of salt into a small saucepan on high heat.
2. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid for 5-10 minutes, or until the consistency of the mixture is to your liking (I'm all about that thick texture, but if you like it a little runnier, feel free to add more milk at the start or cook it less). Pour carrot mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. While oats are cooling, combine yoghurt, cream cheese and vanilla extract into a small bowl, whisking well to combine.
6. To serve, divide carrot cake porridge between two bowls for two relatively hungry people or keep it in one big bowl for one very hungry person, and top with cream cheese yoghurt, currants, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of honey.